Benefits of Meditation to Memory Improvement
Wednesday, March 9th, 2011 at 11:20 pm
Many research results have shown that a calm approach to thinking can lead to improved memory. It is here that meditation can help. Being a holistic discipline that trains your body and mind to help you remain calm and stay focused, meditation improves your capability to think rationally and calmly. By helping you control your stress levels, it can also increase your attention span, and sharpen intelligence as well as focus. If you want to know more about how meditation can help you in your memory improvement endeavor, here are some cues:
- Affecting the Cerebral Cortex: The cortex in your brain plays an important role in higher mental functions. It is believed that meditation exercises your cerebral cortex, which in turn increases in size and offers a better performance. Many accomplished musicians, linguists, and athletes have been found to posses a thickening in specific regions of their cortex. Meditation also improves the blood flow to your brain, thus helping it function more effectively.
- Improves visual memory: Meditation practices that use Deity Yoga can help you enjoy an enhanced visual memory. It improves your ability to hold an image in the memory and later identify it among other comparable images.
- Improves level of concentration: Most memory improvement techniques focus on how to improve your concentration. In the domain of meditation, concentration practices like Tratak can help significantly in such cases. Whether you want to have an improved memory for your studies, professional needs or want to sharpen your memory and intelligence during the golden years, meditation can be an extremely effective tool.
- Helps to combat stress: Apart from causing many psychological and physical problems, stress also affects your memory adversely. However, meditation can assist you to decrease the levels of anxiety and stress, thus helping you in your memory improvement attempt.
- Develops emotional stability: Meditation can help you to relax, and techniques like Yoga Nidra can bring high levels of emotional equilibrium. Since your mind becomes calm, you are able to focus better and enjoy a high level of concentration.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!