Foods That Boost Brain Power by Gianni Golfera
If you want to boost brain power, it won’t be enough to just exercise or learn new techniques. The food that you eat should also be taken care of as the wrong food may bring all your efforts to null. So, know about some "brain foods" that improve the function of your brain. Including a generous dose of these foods will help you enjoy an improved level of memory, concentration and focus.
- Whole Foods: Since the solid part of your brain is primarily composed of fats, you should include good fats in your diet to help you brain function optimally. Cereals and grains like bran and oatmeal should form a staple part of your diet if you want to give a boost to your brain power.
- Protein: Eating foods rich in protein like chicken and other poultry products also boost brain power. Many of these food items have high levels of amino acids and tyrosine. Amino acids are especially helpful as they get converted into norepinephrine and dopamine, which play an important role in keeping us alert. You can even eat soy that comes packed with protein, and can trigger neurotransmitters associated with memory. Intake of milk can also improve your mental flexibility by manifolds.
- Omega 3 fatty acids: Omega 3 fatty acids are helpful for both the brain and the heart. So, eat fishes high in omega 3 fatty acids like salmon etc once a week. This will not only improve your memory but also enhance your ability to learn new things faster.
- Folic acid: To combat neurodegeneration, include food items containing folic acid in your diet like romaine lettuce, black beans, lentils, okra and black-eyed peas. You can also opt for a folic acid supplement and include foods containing brewers yeast in your diet.
- Vitamin C and Beta-carotene: Citrus fruits containing vitamin C and orange, yellow, as well as green vegetables packed with beta-carotene fight signs of aging and help in improved memory. So, consume food items belonging to these categories to boost brain power.
Tagged with: Brain Power • Gianni Golfera • how to improve memory • how to improve your memory • Improve Memory • improve your memory • improving memory • improving your memory • memory improve • memory techniques
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!